Microgaming Software Systems Ltd is a company entirely dedicated to the development of online gaming software. It is located in the Isle of Man and it is responsible of having launched the first online casino ever, in 1994. Today, Microgaming is one of the main software providers in the online casino industry. Operators from all over the world use their products as they are of top quality.
Microgaming has a portfolio with more than 600 games, including slot games, poker, video poker, blackjack and roulette and progressive jackpot games among many others. The company knows how to move with technology and so it offers the games either to be downloaded or to play online using Flash or HTML 5.
Here’s a short list of some of the product this amazing company has developed during its life:
- Casino: the biggest game portfolio of the market (more than 850)
- Multiplayer: this platform allows massive multiplayer gaming.
- Mobile: compatible with Quickfire, designed in HTML5
- Online Poker Network: Microgaming runs an online poker network that offers different poker games like Hold’em, Omaha, Omaha Hi/Lo, 7 Card Stud.
- LLand-basedcasinos: services to land-based casinos.
- Sports betting: launched in 2006, it allows the access to sports bets from all over the world.
- Live casino: professional dealers and very high video quality.
Microgaming has created more than 850 casino games and 1200 versions of other already existing games, but it won’t stop there as it keeps launching new and exciting games every year.
Microgaming has a online poker network known as MPN. This platform allows players to play simultaneously in the poker tables like “Texas Hold’em”, to make the experience more exciting.
Among the many games developed by Microgaming you can find:
- Hot as Hades
- Mega Moolah
- Jurassic Park
- Bar Bar Black Sheep
- Thunderstruck II
In May 2009, the company announced the biggest prize in the history of online casinos to a player that won the progressive jackpot in Mega Moolah. The winner won more than $ 6.000.000. This prize was later surpassed by prizes given by some other companies, however, Mega Moolah set a new world record by giving the biggest prize of £13 000 000 in a slot machine to Jonathan Heywood.
In May 2010, Microgaming launched Quickfire Games, a platform that allows operators to have fast and easy access to different online casino games, for both desktop or mobile devices.
Awards and acknowledgements
Due to its products and its long trajectory in the online casino world, Microgaming has received multiple awards like:
- Best Poker Software of the year(2013/14/15/16)
- Poker Network of the year 2015
- Innovation in RNG Software for casinos 2013
- Innovator of 2016
Without a doubt, this company has achieved what many others have not been able to in this competitive industry and we are sure it will keep increasing the number of awards and achievements.